The picture above was taken 2 weeks ago, just before I got sick with a wicked cold that lasted through the Christmas week and I'm only just now recovering from. I have been far to susceptible to colds and flu this year as well as anxiety, so I think some extreme self care is in order this year. That said, I still like to keep my goals simple.
1. Get more sleep - 8 hours preferably. And I will not be afraid to take naps if needed!
2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. I was better at this, but have fallen off the bandwagon, and am easily lured by the siren song of bubbly pop.
3. Daily exercise - more treadmill time is needed. Especially when it's been -40 C out. It makes it hard to get adequate walking time outside, so the treadmill is a good substitute.
4. More fruit and vegetables. I'm not even going to pretend I'm going to give up sweets, it's not in my nature. I do think that adding more healthy food and eating less cake, pop etc. is a more realistic balance.
5. Enjoy myself! I'll be turning 40 this year and I think it's something to celebrate. I have had others tell me they dread turning the big 4-0, but I say it sure beats the alternative. I'm young and healthy (minus the odd cold/flu etc) so I should enjoy myself by doing things I love and trying new things!
That's it. My five simple goals. I can't wait to read everyone else's posts. I wish you all a wonderful 2014!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone